Sunday, May 5, 2013

Beware of the rake.

Beware of the Rake.
It is Autumn in Ozzie Land, and that rake is not to be reckoned with.
Granny has Crab apple, Silver birch, and an ornamental Pear tree, and they all loose their leaves.    
Don't get me wrong, I looove playing in them especially when they are all raked up in piles.
I had trouble this morning, Granny was going as fast as she could. Now we all know how fast that is....hmmm... 
She was chatting to a friend and I nearly got raked up into that dust pan. Golly gosh.........
Last week I was left behind and this week getting raked up!!! Can you imagine poor Wilbur in the compost bin, with all those smelly things.
I had to wriggle and squirm and yell...


The compost bin is back behind the shed. Granny calls it No Mans Land.
No wonder it is No Mans Land; a humunbeing wouldn't want to go there. A Bear definitely wouldn't want to go there. 
I am so glad I was recued it nearly gave me a heart attack I just want to enjoy the garden from my chair . Just in case that RAKE comes out again.
As you can see Granny has been potting again. Did I say POTTING..... she potters all day.
She was in a hurry doing her gardening because she is wanting to finish a new bear. 
Arrr. I feel much safer sitting here showing you Granny's flowers.
Well don't tell her; I showed her lavender that she cut back too hard and it nearly died.
 This is where the birdy's drink.
These are some of her Peppers..Yuck. I don't like Peppers.. They are not nice even when you put honey on them.

After my fright I need honey and peanut butterr on toast and a big Hug from Granny.
She did say she was very sorry, and would get her glasses checked real soon. 
I told her "Real Soon."

Nest week I will be late posting because I have something special to tell you and I won't be able to tell you until a few days latter.
Are you Guessing????


Welcome
I picked these from my garden just for my lovely followers, and friends.
Thank you for being there to rescue me if needed..

My thought for the week.
"The whole difference between construction and creation is exactly this;
that a thing constructed can only be loved after it is  constructed;
but a thing created is loved before it exsists."

Granny's bears are created.

14 comments:

  1. a wonderful bear and he has a wonderful nose. i love it

    hugs from sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kay and Wilbur,

    So glad that you were rescued and the compost bin would be no place for a Bear.
    Love all the pretty flowers and our leaves are all falling everywhere, and such pretty colours.

    Happy Sunday
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew, I'd avoid the garden while she's wielding dangerous implements like that (aren't you impressed with our big words for a Sunday morning?!) We're patiently waiting to see when the cherry tree outside will blossom - looks like it might finally be this week...

    Hugs

    The Clan & Jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good heavens.........this is so weird to see Wilbur. As Autumn arrives in Ozzie land, Spring arrived in Holland!!!
    Spring is literally bursting in its full glory and I enjoy it so much. Winter was too long this year.
    I have a place where birdies can drink too. I cleaned it yesterday and I saw the first ones drinking and taking a bath.
    How wonderful.
    I can see that Gran loves gardening and so do I. Send her my love will ya!

    Hugs, Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wilbur, boys will be boys. And this time I have to side with Granny.

    If you weren't neck high in that pile of leaves you would not have ended up in the compost bin.

    What a smelly, dark place to end up - yucky - and maybe there were spiders in there too! I don't understand why so many boys are afraid of them, that has bothered me for years. Curious minds want to know......(giggle).

    Please stay out in the sunlight, in your nice comfortable chair and be safe. I would be brokenhearted if something happened to you.

    Why not start your list of things you want to bring to camp. That should keep you out of trouble.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wonderful garden, so wonderful flowers - Kay you make a great job and of course I love the peppers. Here is the first sunny day - and I hope we got a wonerful springtime. Take care and hugs for both of you - Ines

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're that close to a heart-attack... OMG, poor Wilbur, being raked off and brought to Noman's Land... good all went well and you're staying safe now guarding the beautiful plants and flowers. And you really, REALLY deserved an extra big portion of toast with peanut butter and honey. Btw, we really liked this week's saying... so true, especially when Kay's bears are involved...

    Hugs
    Flutterby + Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Kay,
    wie gut das Wilbur gerettet wurde, der arme Bär!
    Danke für die schönen Fotos!! Sie sind wunderbar!
    Liebe Grüße
    Gitti

    ReplyDelete
  9. POOR Wilbur !!!!
    You deserve a big ,big hug !!!
    Say to granny he has to take good care of you ..........
    Hugs Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Wilbur,

    I am glad you could escape the rake and that you are here to tell us your new story! Rakes are nasty beasts... once, one of them bit me in my foot. Had a hole in my foot for some time.

    And I really have to tell you, that Kay does a great job - your garden looks fantastic! I am sure, the lavender will be fine next year.

    Hugs,
    Marie-Christine (who is glad that in Germany it is finally springtime now)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an experience! I'm glad that you got out of that jam!

    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My! We cannot even begin to guess! It's been so windy here..that I would have been covered by pine needles had I ventured out.
    You be careful, Wilbur. I DO NOT go near garden rakes. Once I tried to climp out big pine in the front yard..Pretending to be at CAMP you know, and Mom had to come rescue me but I didn't even get a smudge on my delicate paws!~ No more of that. Just too easy for us little bears to get dirty and we do sit on beds and such!
    Big hugs from both of us!
    Abby and Mom
    Granny's flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Wilbur what a close call this was. Being in a compost bin would be very itchy I think. You might have suffocated! I can't bear to think of it!

    Hugs
    Sissy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI Wilbur, yes it's a problem if you don't get seen when you're just having an innocent roll in the autumn leaves. It's trying to be spring here and Alan had the rake out last week too. He was raking some ground so he could put some grass down. I stayed well out of the way I can tell you. All that huffing and puffing and digging and pulling weeds and digging in and and and... I got so tired just watching a fell asleep.
    Take care.
    Hugs,
    Jock

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time