Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Onkaparinga Show 2012

Wilbur is besotted with Love at the Doll and Teddy show.

Saturday and Sunday I went to the Onkaparinga Teddy and Doll show.
I found my true love.
Her name is Shirley. I have met Shirley before. Can you remember she stayed at my house for a little while when her mum was away.
Well I haven't seen her for months and months and there she was sitting on a table to be sold.
I had to beg her mum so much NOT to SELL her. It nearly broke my heart for her to go to a home that was not near me. I have become very, very fond of Shirley.
You know the feeling!!!!! Your heart skips a beat and you think you have never seen such love and beauty inside and out before.
I can tell you I had the best day sitting with Shirley making sure she wasn't sold.

There were lots of stalls, so I will scroll down some pictures for you to have a look at.

Below is a picture of Granny's friend Kay from Kayzy's Critters and Granny's bears Kay's Kids.
They often share a stall because they are mates.
This is a new bear Granny just finished called Cream puff. I must say I could eat a cream puff, but not that one.
This is a great koala, His name is Kenneth.




These are the best dolls and bear in show. Wow they have a trophy as well.
This Polar Bear was very nice it was won by Wendy Lammings
Granny says Congratulations Wendy.
This is a few more bears in the competition.




We were so pleased to have Teddy's Bit's come all the way from N.S.W. Granny was able to buy lots of things from her to make Teddy's with. So lots more bears will be made from Granny's fingers.
Valma, the owner of Teddy's Bits was so helpful to new bear makers, and especially to Granny. 
There were some pretty dolls.

                                       Now these little fairies are very special, Granny went nutty over them. They are called  " Earth Angels" by Margaret Leonard.



I know there are a lot of pictures, but I thought you just might like a look.
Especially of Shirley. 
I am tired and Granny has let me have my toast, peanut butter and honey in the lounge by the fire.
I will go to bed and dream about Shirley.

See you all next week.

Granny picked this rose from her garden for all of her followers.
We love hearing from you all, and thanks for reading about my friend SHIRLEY.

Thought for the week.
"Absence is to love, what wind is to fire;
It extinguishes the small, and inflames the great."




23 comments:

  1. Hi Wilbur,

    What a wonderful weekend you had. Shirley is beary bee-u-tee-ful and you can see in her face that she loves you back.

    Sure hope her mum doesn't sell her.

    Hugs
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley is beary beautiful...no wonder you love her so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wilbur, what will the girls from camp say?! Glad you got to reunite with Shirley again though

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wilbur,
    Shirley came home from the show floating on air, and wanted to go straight to bed, to dream of you! So I think it is safe to say that your affection for her is well and truly returned - ah, young love! Thank you for looking after Shirley today; you are truly a gentleman=bear.
    Happy hugs from Nana Kayzy and Shirley xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All the bears and dolls are so astonishingly cute!!! what a great event! and Wilbur you got a great taste ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Shirley!
    Have a nice week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wilbur,
    Shirley is one lucky bear to have somebear like you to care for her.
    We had to wait for our mom to finish ohhing and awwing at all of the bee-u-tee-full photos from the bear and doll show. She says that Granny and Miss Kayzy are two of her favorite bear makers and she sees why you're crazy for Shirley. We hope her mom doesn't sell her for awhile so you'll be able to see her again.
    Have a happy week and we'll be back to see what's new with you next weekend.
    Hugs,
    Bellamine, Clarissa & Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh... love is in the air... You two make a gorgoous couple. Shirley is such a pretty lady - you're a bear of exquisite taste, Wilbur! And thanks for all these interesting pictures from the fair, that was fun.

    Hugs
    Flutterby + Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh oh !!! Wilbur !! what a beautiful love story !!! you're a lucky bear, Shirley is so sweet !!!

    Have a great week !!
    Muriel

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Wilbur,

    All I can say is YEUGH. Shirley's a GIRL. What are you doing consorting with a GIRL bear for, and as for dreaming about her....What has happen to you? You should be out climbin' trees and gettin' muddy and fishing with s bent pin and real bear things. Love, smove is all I can say. Yeah she's pretty, but she's a GIRL. Good grief. Maybe it was burning your paws and getting fixed and stuff like that, but what happened to you?

    I really liked all the other pictures tho'. Looks like it might have been a good day out, but I'm shaking my head over your antics.

    Jock

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well it's no wonder you don't want Shirley to be sold and move away far from you, Wilbur, she's so beautiful and you two make a perfect couple:)

    I would have loved to be at that bear and doll show! I was so enjoying all of the pictures, oohing and aahing over everything and then...I came to the faeries...omigosh, I would have wanted to buy them all! lol You know me and faeries:-)

    I'm so glad you and Granny had such a great and fun time. No doubt you dreamed beautiful sweet dreams about Shirley that night:) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wilbur ......Shirley and you a dream-team :-))) I understand you fall in love !!! thanks a lot for share this wonderful picture´s, hugs Ines

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful post, loved seeing all the pictures, and of course the fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a great show! Shirley is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a LOVEly story and great pics! ))

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice pictures, they are clear even against a black background, and thanks for sharing. please pass my hug to Wilbur, no more lonely, your granny and her friends will bring you here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Кай очень рада видеть! Замечательные фотографии...и я поздравляю Уилбура и очень рада что у него есть любовь))))Мишкам девочкам своим не говорила..а то они очень расстроятся)))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wilbur, I think you have made a mistake in this Blog-Post... I searched and searched but I couln´d fount YOUR trophy.... All of those bears are real beautys, but I think you´re the most charming bear of the show!!!
    Hugs Melli

    ReplyDelete
  19. It certainly looks like a wonderful way to spend a weekend. Good friends, new loves, teddy bears, fairies and of course, supplies to make more bears. Sounds pretty good to me. Maybe Shirley will write you a note and say she's coming for another visit!

    ~ginger

    ReplyDelete
  20. He disfrutado mucho de esta entrada maravillosa, repleta de fotos preciosas.

    Willbur y Shirley, hacen una pareja estupenda!!

    Gracias por todo!!

    Un abrazo.

    Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kay as usual your blog is so wonderful and interesting. It is like visiting another world.

    I just wanted to thank you for attempting to read my Pink Ribbon Blog. You have to copy and paste the URL to get to my blog. I did not know how to link it so you could go directly. The URL is : http://boggise.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dearest Kay...I just swoon over Bears! I've loved them all my life. My Abby is my very first hand made bear...and the very last one I will ever have. but...then I look at all those beary sweet little face...and I waver. :)

    OH HOW I WAVER!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Wilbur,
    I hope you growled at everyone who looked like they might buy Shirley.

    We enjoyed all the pretty pictures. So many wonderful bears.

    Hugs from all of us
    at Honeypot Lane

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time