Sunday, November 24, 2013

Adelaide Christmas Pageant

Adelaide Christmas Pageant 
Whoo Hoo what a day. 
Every year for 81 years Adelaide (Where I live) has had a Christmas pageant. It is the largest in the world of it's type. All the little children get up early and go and line the streets of the city. 
On our streets we have a Blue honor line . A blue line is painted on both sides of the streets and the children are not allowed to go over it.
About 400,000 people come into the city to watch it.

Well I have to tell you I wasn't one of 
them. Granny said she had done it for so many years with the Grand kids so we 
didn't go. I watched every minute of it on the television.
Granny says I will bore you with too many photos, so I won't talk, you can just see the pictures.




















There is 57 floats, Loads of bands and marching girls and dancers.
It is very big, but Granny is yelling out STOP Wilbur it is tooooo long.


Father Christmas has arrived and he goes into the magic cave so all the boys and girls can sit on his knee and whisper in his ear, what the would like for 
Christmas.

Well I have my sign so Father Christmas will know to stop at my place. 
I need to go to the magic cave to whisper in his ear.

What an exciting day. I am plum tuckered out. 
Warm toast, honey and peanut butter will just go down well for supper.

See you all next week.


This picture is for all my darling followers. I see this tree right outside my window.
Jacaranda's say Christmas is coming.

My thought for the week:

"Ideas are like rabbits, 
you get a couple and learn how to handle them,
and pretty soon you have dozens."

14 comments:

  1. Well how mean of Granny not to let you go to the parade, we hope it was as exciting on the TV, even if you didn't get sweets...

    Hugs

    The Clan, Jack & Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wilbur,

    Thank you beary much for sharing those wonderful pictures. We watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (New York City) on the telly every year, it's our tradition. At night we watch Miracle on 34th Street.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence !♥

    I missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sunny and colourful it all is! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wilbur, the procession sure looks like fun. What a shame Granny has seen it often enough. Maybe when the great grandchildren start taking part she will take you along.
    Himself is jealous of your jacarandas. He remembers them from (yawn) Nigeria way back in prehistoric times when LT was just a wee tiny girl - I can't imagine that myself. Also he remembers them from Sydney (But he says everyone else in Norstralier won't like me saying that.) Whatever, they look very pretty. Up here, the leaves falling from the trees and it getting very dark very early means Crimble's coming. So it must be.
    Hugs,
    Jock

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great day you've had even if you haven't been there bearsonally... what a gorgeous pageant! But to us this is somehow funny and strange... you know for us Christmas is connected with winter and the Bing-Crosby way: White! ;O)

    Hugs
    Flutterby + Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic show! Great fun for kids :)
    The tree is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wilbur I'm so pleased you got to enjoy the pageant. It certainly is a magical parade. I worked at John Martins for a long time and was in the pageant for 3 yrs in a row. It was so exciting. I'm like your Granny now,I've been so many times with Grandchildren,I just enjoy watching it from home now. Aren't the Jacaranders lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful are all your sweet photos! What a wonderful tradition! I love the sweet balerinas!!!!!!!!!! You made my day seeing all these colourful fun!!!!!!!! What a magical time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still laughing about your "Thought for the Week" so very true.
    Never toooo many pics of our colourful Christmas Pageant Wilbur .... I was there and made sure I stayed behind that Blue line.
    Hoping you have a Beary nice week. xx


    "Adelaide and Beyond"

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful, thanks for sharing! and about the tree.....it looks like summer.....we have no leafs on the trees now....winter coming soon....I will "popp" by to look at YOUR tree! Hugs! Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kay the floats are awesome. If i did not know better i would think u were in South Africa :-) every November all the Jacarandas in Pietermaritzburg bloom in one particular road that when the flowers fall the road looks like a carpet. We too each beginning of the year have floats made from our local university students and they come through the streets where the students collect money. But your flosts are masive really out of this world :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little faces must watch with happy hearts! Thank you for sharing so many wonderful photographs! A grand celebration~
    Wishing you heart joy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Kay,
    Oh, I certainly do hope that you got plenty of Jacarandas around you! Enjoy them also for me; will you please? We tried so hard to grow them here as well but we lost them every single time due to frost. The problem might not be the frost (to some degree) alone but it is the sudden drop in temperature with often drying winds that cause them to die off.
    With sadness we had to give up one more dream...
    I even love it when all the blossoms are on the pavement or on the street.
    So that means that all my first and second cousins in Adelaide will enjoy Jacarandas, aside from such a tremendous Christmas Pageant with HUGE parade.
    Hugs to you, and happy 3rd Advent to you and yours!
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time